To promote understanding, appreciation and respect for religious diversity among the religious, spiritual and secular communities in Aotearoa New Zealand.
New Zealand has seen a significant and rapid growth in population diversity. In response, a vigorous Interfaith movement has evolved, and now has many members all over NZ. Interfaith groups have initiated a range of activities and diversity education which promotes many benefits for all of New Zealand society. After 11 years of national and regional interfaith gatherings around the country, and together with the on-going dedicated involvement of respected researchers, educators, faith leaders, and community builders, the Religious Diversity Centre was launched in 2016; a national centre, a credibly resource and go-to place for research, information, education and training.
A national centre of educational research excellence dedicated to fostering appreciation and understanding of religious diversity among all New Zealanders
- Providing high quality religious diversity training and resources for professional development
- Providing high quality research and publications
- Contributing expert advice for policymakers, media organisations
- Encouraging inter and intra religious dialogue
- Promoting co-operation, friendship, peacemaking
- Honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi